June 20, 2014
This week I’ve been a bit under the weather so am offering you a few bits of knowledge I’ve picked up here and there. I originally thought this might be a Mid-year Resolution list, but know living in the moment is more important. Besides resolutions don’t work unless you think you are worthy of the outcome.
“Anything is possible. Stay open, forever, so open it hurts, and then open up some more, until the day you die, world without end, amen.”
Dr. Phil McGraw – Words to live by in 2014*
– Everybody has a personal truth.
– A strong sense of self is the foundation….
– A successful reinvention … happens when you love yourself enough to believe you can do better and deserve better.
– The Universe rewards action.
– The major difference between a dream and a goal is a timeline for progress … (and) accountability.
– We generate the results we believe we deserve.
Martha Beck’s Plan for finding joy*
– Have a vision.
– Let go of what doesn’t work.
– Don’t be afraid to fail.
– Pay attention to what really matters to you.
Brené Brown – Dare to play*
– Create a play list … activities you could do for hours on end.
– Carve out time on your calendar – protect playtime the way you protect work ….
– Play well with others …. things that make us all our most silly, creative, and free-spirited selves.
Iyanla Vanzant – How do I break a negative pattern?*
– Notice it.
– Know its cause.
– Slow down! … to see things for what they really are.
– Forgive yourself.
– Check in … What am I doing and why?
* All of the quotes come from the January 2014 O, the Oprah magazine.
Thank you for these wise people who offer their knowledge to us. We know that there are many more teachers circling us daily. We know, but sometimes deny, that we are teachers too, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. Please show us how to step into our truth and be the best teachers we can be.
And, so it is.
If you know someone who would appreciate reading “Thoughts to Ponder,” please suggest that he or she contact me at: email@example.com
Sharon D. Dillon, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Go to http://energywriter.me to read postings at “Laugh your way to peace love and joy.”
Chesapeake Bay Writers, Erma Bombeck Writers Workshop, Southern Humorists, National Society of Newspaper Columnists
Author of one of 14 stories in The Book of Mom: Reflections of Motherhood with Love, Hope and Faith, published by booksyoucantrust.com. Available in print and e-format at Amazon.com
Contents may be forwarded, but please give credit where credit is due and erase all email addresses on original message.